Those ‘what if…’ moments can strike at any time.
What if red wine gets spilled on the carpet? What if the car is stolen? What if the cat gets sick? What if there’s a break in? What if we can’t afford the vet’s bill? What if somebody hits the car? Insurance is all about having these ‘what if’ moments covered.
So, be you a born worrier or an eternal optimist, the peace of mind you get from insuring what you value can be priceless.
What’s the big deal with insurance?
General insurance protects the things you love - your home, your possessions, your car and your pets - should something go wrong that could put a dent in your finances.
Look at it this way; if your valuables got broken or stolen, could you afford to repair or replace them? And if your pet needed urgent treatment, could you find the money upfront?
There’s no denying you might be lucky and nothing bad ever happens, but what if it does? With insurance you don’t have to be out of pocket and help could be on hand to help get the situation sorted.
Explore home insurance
Explore car insurance
is the average annual home insurance premium
is the average pet insurance claim
is the average car insurance cost
Types of insurance we offer
We offer straightforward and affordable home, car and pet insurance to protect the things you love.
- Protection if your vehicle is vandalised, damaged, stolen or destroyed in a fire
- Up to £100 per person, with a maximum of £500 per incident, for emergency transport or overnight accommodation
- Up to £200 cover per person for medical expenses
- Up to £150 cover for the contents of your vehicle
- A range of optional extras to suit your needs
The benefits of SunLife Car Insurance that are featured here are all included with fully comprehensive cover. Third party, fire and theft and third party only cover is also available with reduced benefits. Further policy information is available when you get a quote from us.
SunLife Car Insurance is arranged and administered by BISL Limited and underwritten by a panel of insurers.
The smallest print
* Association of British Insurers - The average cost was £2,520 compared to the current average combined buildings and contents annual premium of £290. ABI article published 26 January 2016 for the most common insurance claims made during 2013 and 2014.
°Association of British Insurers - Average pet insurance claim £720. ABI article published 29 March 2016 for pet insurance claims in 2015.
**Association of British Insurers - Average car insurance cost £2,839. ABI article published 15 September 2017 for car insurance claims in the second quarter of 2017.