Customise your SunLife Home Insurance to provide even more cover and peace of mind.
Perhaps you’d like a little extra reassurance that you're protecting your home and your belongings as best you can. If so, you can choose from three optional extras to give your insurance a boost.
Family Legal Protection
Legal expenses up to £50,000 to support claims relating to:
- Death or personal injury.
- The purchase, hire purchase or lease of goods or services for personal use.
- Infringement of your legal rights arising from and relating to your ownership or occupation of your principal place of residence.
- Your contract of employment.
- See below for exclusions.1
Extra protection for lost keys:
- Covers the cost of replacing any keys you have, not just house keys.
- Helps towards the cost of replacing locks if you think your lost keys present a security risk.
- Up to £1,000 in each 12-month policy term.
- Claims on your Key cover do not affect your No Claims Discount.
Home Emergency assistance2
Home emergency assistance provide cover for:
- Emergency3-related callout charges, parts and labour, to a combined limit of £1,000, so you can deal quickly and effectively with situations relating to plumbing and drainage, heating, water, gas or electricity supply, home security and vermin infestation.
The smallest print
Family Legal Protection and Home Emergency assistance are provided by AMTrust Europe Limited. Key cover is provided by Ageas Insurance Limited.
1. Covers the policyholder and their spouse. Common-law partners are only covered if named on the policy. Claims have to be made within 90 days of the incident happening. Claims relating to the main residence can only be made 180 days after Family Legal Protection has been added to the policy. £100 excess applies.
2. Cover does not apply to incidents relating to central heating boilers that are more than 15 years old or haven’t been serviced during the 12 months before the incident.
3. You must contact the insurer's claims department regarding your emergency within 48 hours, and they will nominate your contractor for emergency repairs.