SunLife Over 50’s plan reviews
The SunLife Guaranteed Over 50 Plan is the UK’s most popular over 50s life insurance, with over 722,000 policyholders1. With 97% of new customers saying they would recommend our plan, we are proud to share thousands of our real customer reviews2.
Real customer reviews
At SunLife we love hearing what our customers have to say after they’ve taken out an over 50 plan with us.
And as a feefo Gold Trusted Service partner for the third year running, we’re proud to clearly share our real customer reviews.
Based on thousands of reviews over the past year, our customers have given us 4.8 stars for our service. But don’t just take our word for it, check out our reviews.
Why do customers choose SunLife?
With over 722,000 customers and thousands of reviews, you’re probably wondering why so many people choose SunLife’s over 50 plan. What makes the SunLife plan stand out?
To give you an idea, here are five good reasons:
1. Trusted – more people trust us with their over 50s plan than any other provider3. Our roots go back over 200 years and we pay out 97% of claims within three working days*, so you always know what you’re getting with us. (*Upon receipt of required documents)
2. Affordable – our customers choose us because they want an affordable way to leave some money behind for their loved ones. The Guaranteed Over 50 plan is the most affordable over 50 plan4.
3. Easy application – applying online is easy, with no medical questions and guaranteed acceptance. We give customers the information they need to decide if the SunLife plan is right for them.
4. Fixed monthly cost – we will never increase your agreed monthly premium. Choose an amount you are comfortable with and that’s all you need to pay each month until you die to guarantee your cover. Or if you want to stop paying your premiums earlier, you can choose our Premium Cap Option.
5. Guaranteed pay out – we promise to give your family the agreed pay out when you die, to help cover your funeral costs or as a gift to remember you by (if you’ve paid your monthly premiums and had your plan for a year).
Hear from our customers
From listening to individual needs to giving straightforward information, we spoke to a few of our customers to see what they had to say after buying a SunLife plan.
When asked why they chose our over 50s insurance, many of our customers say they trust SunLife because of our heritage. SunLife’s roots go back more than 200 years and in 1900, we were the first ever company to offer life insurance without a medical.
Still offering no medical insurance today, we believe we’ve become a household name for over 50s. And if you watch daytime TV, you’ll have probably have heard about The Guaranteed Over 50 Plan.
Important things to consider
- Your fixed cash sum is paid when you die, as long as you’ve had your plan for a year
- If you stop paying your premiums, your insurance will end and you won’t get anything back
- Depending on how long you live, you could pay in more than what is paid out
- Inflations will reduce the value of your pay out in years to come
The smallest print
1. SunLife has 57.8% market share of all whole of life guaranteed acceptance plans bought directly. Source: ABI statistics issued in November 2018 for 12 month period to 30 September 2018 based on new Phoenix Life policy sales trading as SunLife.
2. Source - SunLife Continuous Research Programme, New Policyholders October–December 2018, based on a sample of 1,204 new policyholders
3. More people trust us with their over 50s life cover than any other provider. SunLife has 57.8% market share of all whole of life guaranteed acceptance plans bought directly. Source: ABI statistics issued in November 2018 for 12 month period to 30 September 2018 based on new Phoenix Life policy sales trading as SunLife.
4. SunLife offers the lowest monthly premium option of £3.70, making it the most affordable way to take out over 50s life cover.