The SunLife Recommend a Friend Scheme
We understand that looking out for your friends is important to you. That’s why we’re giving you the chance to help them find the life cover they need at an affordable price. And there’s something in it for you too. Just refer us to one of your friends today, and you’ll receive a gift card as a thank you. Your friend will also get a welcome gift card, too!
Pretty good, huh?
How does it work?
Give your friend your unique number to quote and ask them to apply via the telephone. You can find this code in one of the packs we’ve sent you. It’s that simple.
Who can join?
Anybody aged between 50 and 85. If your friend decides the plan is right for them, we guarantee to accept them. So why wait? Get recommending today. Terms and conditions apply. See below for full details.
Terms and Conditions of the Recommend a Friend Scheme (the ‘RAF Scheme’)
Recommend a friend or relative (the “Friend”) to SunLife Limited (”SunLife”) and if they take out a SunLife Guaranteed Over 50 policy (the “Policy”) you (the “Referrer”) will receive one free gift card as a “thank you” (the “Referral Gift”) and, subject to your Friend meeting the eligibility criteria required to take out a Policy and paying the sixth Policy premium, your Friend will qualify for a welcome gift.
- The RAF Scheme is only available to existing customers who: (i) have a Policy at the time of the recommendation, (ii) have no outstanding premiums under their Policy and (iii) continue to hold their Policy at the time the Referral Gift is dispatched.
- The Referral Gift is not transferable and cannot be exchanged.
- SunLife reserves the right to change the Referral Gift from time to time at its sole discretion.
- Gift cards are fulfilled by Love2shop and require activation before use. Instructions will be sent with the gift card. Full Love2Shop terms and conditions are available via sunlife.co.uk/gift
- Where the Referral Gift has an expiry date printed on it SunLife will not replace any expired gift cards.
- The Referral Gift must be redeemed in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of the Referral Gift.
- The Referral Gift will only be dispatched to the Referrer after the Friend has paid six (6) Policy premium payments to SunLife.
- The Friend must not hold or have held a Policy or any other SunLife policy, or be receiving or have received any SunLife service, at the time they apply for a Policy.
- The Recommend a Friend Scheme is only available in respect of a Policy taken out by the Friend by way of a telephone application to SunLife.
- The Referrer will be given a unique reference number which must be passed to the Friend. The unique reference number, or where applicable other alternative information, must be quoted by the Friend at the commencement of the telephone application for the Policy to enable SunLife to process the Referral Gift. SunLife will not apply the unique reference number or other alternative information retrospectively and as a consequence the Referrer will not be eligible for the Referral Gift.
- A Referrer may recommend no more than five (5) Friends in a twelve (12) month period.
- The RAF Scheme cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion.
- SunLife reserve the right to alter, cancel or withdraw the RAF Scheme at any time without notice.
- SunLife reserve the right to withhold or decline a Referral Gift where SunLife believe the RAF Scheme is being misused or subject to fraud committed by the Referrer and/or the Friend.
- SunLife will request confirmation of identity and address, where there is a suspicion of fraud before the Referral Gift is authorised.
- The RAF Scheme is only available to UK based residents (which excludes Channel Island and Isle of Man residents), excluding employees of SunLife.
- Any decision by SunLife in respect of whether or not a Friend has been successfully verified and the Referrer entitled to the Referral Gift shall be final and binding.
- By choosing to participate in the RAF Scheme, the Referrer and SunLife agree that these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.