What is over 50s life insurance?
Over 50s life insurance is a really affordable and popular way to help cover funeral costs or leave a cash gift for loved ones.
And SunLife's is the most trusted plan of all.
You pay a little each month and get a cash payout when you die. The average payout is over £4,000.
£1 from every plan goes to the
British Heart Foundation.
and no medical questions, for ages 50-85.
(We pay 100% of claims.)
Join over 870,000 people in the UK who've taken out a SunLife plan
Why SunLife is the UK's most popular
But don't just take our word for it – take a look at our customer reviews.
1. UK’s No.1/Nation's Favourite/Most trusted/Most popular - Source: Association British Insurers statistics.
2. Gift card – sent after six months premiums paid. SunLife reserves the right to change, stop or limit this offer at any time. Terms and conditions apply.
3. Guaranteed Acceptance - is for UK residents aged 50-85.
4. British Heart Foundation – SunLife will pay £1 from the first payment of every plan to the British Heart Foundation, Registered Charity Number: 2259717 (England and Wales) and SC039426 (Scotland).
5. SunLife is highly rated for customer experience on Feefo and Trustpilot.
6. Guaranteed Over 50 Plan details (including 100% claims paid) - Full T&Cs apply
For additional verifications please visit the verify page.
Legal and regulatory information
Not all products are available outside of mainland UK, please call us to discuss if you have any queries.
This website contains information on how the SunLife Guaranteed Over 50 Plan works. This website does not contain advice, so you need to be satisfied this type of policy meets your needs. If you are unsure and need advice, please visit unbiased.co.uk to find an Independent Financial Adviser in your area (you may have to pay for the financial advice provided). If you have any questions about the plan, you can call our UK team on 0800 904 7674.
Who are SunLife and who provides the SunLife Guaranteed Over 50 Plans?
SunLife Limited distributes financial products and services. Registered office: 1 Wythall Green Way, Wythall, Birmingham, B47 6WG, United Kingdom. Registered in England and Wales, number 05460862. SunLife Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and is entered on the Financial Services Register (reference number: 769427).
Phoenix Life Limited trades as SunLife and is the provider of the SunLife Guaranteed Over 50 Plan life insurance policies. Phoenix Life Limited’s registered office is at 1 Wythall Green Way, Wythall, Birmingham, B47 6WG, United Kingdom. Registered in England and Wales, number 1016269. Phoenix Life Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (reference number: 110418).
Who provides the Funeral Benefit Option?
If you choose to add Funeral Benefit Option to your Guaranteed Over 50 Plan, Dignity Funerals Ltd arranges and provides the funeral services, registered office: 4 King Edwards Court, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, B73 6AP, United Kingdom. Registered in England and Wales, number 00041598. Dignity Funerals Ltd is a member of the National Association of Funeral Directors.