Sources and information
1. UK's No.1/Nation's favourite/Most trusted/Most popular – Source: Association British Insurers statistics.
2. Gift card – sent after six months premiums paid. Offer starts 25.10.2023. Offer ends 26.12.2023. SunLife reserves the right to change, stop or limit this offer at any time. Terms and conditions apply.
3. Guaranteed Acceptance – is for UK residents aged 49-85.
4. Fast payout – 98% claims are paid within 3 working days of receiving the necessary paperwork.
5. 86p a week – equivalent to £3.70 a month, our lowest premium. Premiums are paid monthly.
6. Funeral costs – are based on the average cost of a burial and the cost of a cremation in the UK. SunLife Cost of Dying report January 2023.
7. SunLife is highly rated for customer experience on Feefo and Trustpilot.
8. Testimonials – are from genuine customers, via Trustpilot and Feefo.
9. SunLife £10,000 Big Cash Draw – entry is open to Guaranteed Over 50 Plan & existing Protected Funeral Payout Plan policyholders in England, Scotland, Wales & Northern Ireland, who confirm their details with SunLife. The Draw entry close dates in 2023 are 27th June, 23rdAugust, 24th October & 26th December. The final close date is 6th March 2024. A promotion for double entry into the Draw will run for limited times throughout the Draw period – see T&Cs for details. Opt in when you take out your plan to be entered into all remaining draws until end of promotion. Full T&Cs via sunlife.co.uk/win.
10. British Heart Foundation – SunLife will pay £1 from the first payment of every plan to British Heart Foundation Ventures Limited registered as a company in England and Wales No. 02767880, which pays its profits to the British Heart Foundation. Registered Charity Number: 225971 (England and Wales) and SC039426 (Scotland).
11. Guaranteed Over 50 Plan details (including 100% claims paid) Full T&Cs apply
12. Insurance type – this is whole of life insurance. Premiums are payable for life unless PayStop option is selected. A payout is guaranteed when you die.
For additional verifications please visit the verify page.
Legal and regulatory information
Not all products are available outside of mainland UK, please call us to discuss if you have any queries.
This website contains information on how the SunLife Guaranteed Over 50 Plan works. This website does not contain advice, so you need to be satisfied this type of policy meets your needs. If you are unsure and need advice, please visit unbiased.co.uk to find an Independent Financial Adviser in your area (you may have to pay for the financial advice provided). If you have any questions about the plan, you can call our UK team on 0800 904 7674.
Who are SunLife and who provides the SunLife Guaranteed Over 50 Plans?
SunLife Limited distributes financial products and services. Registered office: 1 Wythall Green Way, Wythall, Birmingham, B47 6WG, United Kingdom. Registered in England and Wales, number 05460862. SunLife Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and is entered on the Financial Services Register (reference number: 769427).
Phoenix Life Limited trades as SunLife and is the provider of the SunLife Guaranteed Over 50 Plan life insurance policies. Phoenix Life Limited’s registered office is at 1 Wythall Green Way, Wythall, Birmingham, B47 6WG, United Kingdom. Registered in England and Wales, number 1016269. Phoenix Life Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (reference number: 110418).
Who provides the Funeral Benefit Option?
If you choose to add Funeral Benefit Option to your Guaranteed Over 50 Plan, Dignity Funerals Ltd arranges and provides the funeral services, registered office: 4 King Edwards Court, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, B73 6AP, United Kingdom. Registered in England and Wales, number 00041598. Dignity Funerals Ltd is a member of the National Association of Funeral Directors.